Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Snow Angel

This morning I thought it' d be a good idea to actually start my car a few minutes before I had to leave so that it could defrost and warm up. "It'll be quick," I thought to myself, "So I won't be needing a jacket." I walked down my stairs, through the grassy area and onto the "pavement." Most Villa residents know that there's a thick layer of ice on that pavement but a night of snow had covered it with a thin layer concealing the enemy. I was walking at a quick pace and didn't even see the attack coming. My feet flew out from under me and into the air in cartoon fashion and I landed flat on my back. I laid there for a second, legs and arms sprawled out as I tried to regain my breath (It had been a long time since I had had the wind knocked out of me) as I thought about how much I missed my medical insurance. I finally got up, unlocked my car and started its engine. But as I turned to go back upstairs I saw my print in the snow. It looked like an outline for a dead body but instead of a white line it was white all around it except for where my body bit it. There were no shoe or hand prints nearby as I had simply sat up and walked away and the image was comical. I laughed. Hard. Talk about your messed up snow angel...

No comments: