Tuesday, March 25, 2003

As a young child I used to have this one reoccuring nightmare. I was younger than six because my little brother wasn't born yet... or at least he hadn't entered my dream land yet. My parents, my sister and I are all in our kitchen when suddenly a huge monster bursts through the door! He yells in his growly voice, "I'm going to eat one of you! You choose!" As soon as he finishes saying this my parents and sister are already pushing for towards the monster. It didn't take them long to agree on who it would be. I would wake up just after he grabbed me and before he put me in his mouth. It was all very scary. Except... the monster, although big with pointy teeth, was bright pink... with purple poka dots. What the heck?? Ya, that's the funny part. I can still picture the monster... and I just have to laugh... because no wonder he was so mean... he looked like a circus freak... maybe he was such a bully because all the other monsters made fun of him. And then I feel sorry for the monster. But then I remember that he did try to eat me. And then I just get mad again. Jerk.

No comments: