Saturday, March 22, 2003

VICIOUS CYCLE:
I'm in a vicious sleep cycle. On Saturday and Sunday, I sleep long hours... sometimes nine or ten. By Sunday night I'm not willing to go to bed and stay up late doing nothing in particular (or sometimes talking to roomies if they're around). Monday through Friday night are spent with my roomies. I know I should go to bed since I have to be up early for work, but I don't. How could I resist? My loves are up together talking and there's no way I'm missing out on that! So Monday through Friday I get between 4-6 hours of sleep a night. By Friday night I'm very... how do I put this... CRANKY! Last night is a clear example of this. Actually the last couple of nights were splattered with crankiness. I took a few harmless comments too seriously and got all wounded. Last night should have been absolutely delightful, and it was, but I was definitely on a high crank level. It went from a girls' night out to a "let's beg 2 guys that give Em the eebie jeebies to join us until they give in and then put them in the back seat with Em so they can poke her and make jokes about her uncommon silence" kind of night. (Even though in reality it went from a girls' night out to "let's make this more fun by inviting more people" kind of night) And then let's not forget the long walk to the JSB with the "what's wrong? why are you so quiet? what are you thinking about? why are you lying to me? why are you a liar? it hurts my feelings when you lie to me like that" even though I wasn't lying at all... by that point my coping mechanisms had kicked in and my brain had regressed to a pile of agreeable, silent mush. It wasn't that I was lying, I just wasn't really able to put whole sentences together. Good times. But all in all I had a good time. Which is funny really. The film thing was fantastic. It's true that I'm a midget and I was sitting behind a lady with large hair but it turned out to be a good thing... she blocked the screen during the cucky parts... and I was sitting between my girlfriends so leaning over and invading their personal space wasn't a big deal. Point is... my life is good and happy... I am a crank. But... today is Saturday!!! Yay!!! I'm at the peak of my cycle! Come over and play! Quick!!!!

No comments: