Sunday, March 09, 2003

My sister called me today. She's never called me before. So, when I heard her voice on the phone I assumed what anyone in my situation would assume. That my parents were dead. Yes, they were dead. My mind went racing about how I would have to get my brother while at the same time tried my best to keep a faint smile on my face since I had company over. Judy went on with the details. "Emily, something happened yesterday that I thought you'd like to know." Dang it. It's too bad that my parents are dead. "David and I went with some friends to the cabin in Oregon." Oh, so maybe my parents aren't dead. But somebody is. "Yesterday we went for a walk on the beach when suddenly..." Oh, no! Did he drown? How did he die? "...he got down on one knee and proposed." WHAT???? My sister's getting married. Wow. This is much better than the other option. Yes, I'm definitely a fan of the marriage vs the mass death. Marriage good.

No comments: