Sunday, November 30, 2003

Christmas Checklist

I have less than twenty days before I land in Seattle to spend eleven days with my family for Christmas. It's true that I love Christmas. I mean, I'm practically a Christmas baby. I used to have a teddy bear dressed in a Santa suit who sang several different Christmas carols when I would push a paw and I would fall asleep with him singing to me every night... until I was 18. I love Christmas. I love that we get to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, I love that people make an extra effort to be kind to one another (unless you're in a store) and I love the sights, the smells and the sounds of Christmas. But I don't love my family's special edition of the holiday. So, in my attempt to prepare myself for the scene that is to come I have to start now. I have prepared a Christmas Checklist...

Em, I mean Emily (I have to get used to that... and also responding to Little Sh#@), please remember the following...
-your head
-scriptures
-candy canes
-Excedrin and Tylenol with Codeine
-running shoes
-cell phone
-phone card
-keys to the Lunsfords, Faerbers, Armstrongs and Ridings (oh... ya... and to your parents' house)
-sweatshirts
-CDs and personal CD player
-a lock for your suitcase
-also please remember that you're going home for only eleven days and you will be required to come back on the 31st to share New Years with your friends and under no circumstances are you under any authority to promise your parents that you will move home when your contract ends. Eleven days. That's it.

Bring it!

No comments: