Saturday, November 15, 2003

Phone Home

My dad called again today. And by "again" I mean AGAIN! I'm telling you, this new calling plan is kicking my trash. He called my cell phone while I was at Jena's wedding reception. I "accidentally" didn't answer it. But lucky for me he didn't neglect to leave a nice message on my machine. Phew! I listened to it on the way home...

Hi Emily. This is your dad. I looked up your bank statement and it says something about a GRE. Is that the test you took? You took it a few weeks ago, right? What was your score? Also, have you purchased your plane ticket home for Christmas yet? You have to do it. You need to decide when you're coming and going soon. That's everything. You can just e-mail me back with your answers, I guess. Bye.

Just so you know, although I do try to keep my parents at a safe distance, I do tell them things. Especially about major changes in my life like taking the GRE and applying to grad schools. But as history proves, they don't listen to me. And they don't care about what I do until it shows up on a bank statement. I've told them the last fifteen million times that they've called that I'm taking the GRE on the 13th (one day after my brother's birthday to help them remember), that my birthday's on the 19th, that I'm coming home on the 20th and that I would have to be back in Provo before New Years. Why before New Years? Because I'm in charge of planning a huge ward New Years party and I have to be there. Yes, this last part is definitely a lie. But you gotta do what you gotta do...

"If this is going to work then you have got to listen!!!"

No comments: