Thursday, November 06, 2003

Huh

Last night I had a dream that I got shot by somebody near my right shoulder. I don't know who shot me but I knew it was bad and lots of people saw it happen but nobody was willing to help me. I wasn't bleeding but it hurt a lot and I couldn't use my arm and it hurt to breathe. But since nobody else seemed to care or think it was a big deal, I did my best to shrug it off. I ignored it, too. I went throughout the whole dream... wandering around the Villa, hanging out with wardies and all the rest of my odd dream activities. I kept trying to forget about the fact that I was shot and put on a happy face but there were a couple of times that I would use my left hand to touch the bullet hole to see if it had gotten worse and I'd remember that I still hadn't taken care of the problem. There were a few times that I would complain about it to one of my friends that were there but they'd just say that I looked fine to them and if it was really serious then I wouldn't be able to look so happy. I figured they must be right. I mean, all those wardies couldn't be wrong, right? Just like the time when I was convinced that it was my birthday on December 16th. It's weird, though, because I never did really freak out about it. I just dealt with it. I pretended nothing was wrong. No, no... it's no big deal. Yes, I realize I've lost the use of my right arm but I'm guessing it'll take care of itself...

This dream was a sign of two important facts...
One... The holidays are coming -- I frequently get nightmarish dreams like this when holidays are approaching and family is involved... and
Two... I'm a huge freak.
Three (I lied about there being only two)... I need to stop drinking the bong water. Especially before bed...

No comments: