Sunday, November 16, 2003

Sunday Morning

I set my alarm clock last night for 6:25am. I was asleep by 12:30 because I knew that today would be an early one. Something did go off at 6:25 but it rang instead of playing the Winnie the Pooh song. I looked at the clock. 6:25. Why is my alarm clock ringing?? Oh, it's my phone. I've been here before. I'm the one that has to say hello. I did (at least I got one thing right today) and it was my Caroline on the other end. She called to tell me that they had to be on time and so they were leaving and asked if I wanted to go with them.

An hour early? Was she crazy? Not likely. It must be me. But the clock said 6:25. I hang up the phone and sit up to get out of bed. I look at the clock again. 7:28. WHAT??? 7:28. Not six. Seven.

"Kat?!?!?"
"Ya?"
"What time is it?"
"6:30."
"Not 7:30?"
"Nope. I just looked at the clock. It's 6:30. Even look. See? Si... SEVEN THIRTY!!! I swear that it just said SIX thirty!"
"Mine too!! I know it did!"

Kat does my hair as I do my make-up and I get ready in... three minutes!! I run out to my car. Then realize I forgot my purse and run back upstairs. Then I run back to my car and start backing out and...

... run into the dumpster. D'oh!!!! WHY????? I figure there's nothing that I can do about it now so I start driving towards the SFH for the meeting that I'm already ten minutes late for. I arrive at the building, pull into a spot, get out and walk around to check my bumper. There's a scratch but it's not too bad. Could be worse. So I start walking to the building. But then...

... I fall. And I fall hard. I scratch the inside of both knees and ankles. Ya, picture THAT one! So, with visions of Bambi's first attempt to walk, I untangle my body, gather my things and head back to the meeting sure that my three tragedies for the day had been fulfilled. And they were... I hope!

No comments: