Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Napper

It turns out that I'm a napper. I have never been able to take naps. I think the only time I took a nap in high school was my senior year when I was ridiculously sick and even asked my mom to take me to the hospital. And then once during my freshman year of college when I had been up for 3 days. And then again my senior year of college when I had a continuous cold for four months. So that's three naps in five years.

I took a nap this last Wednesday. I was feeling pretty sick and Eddie called and asked if I wanted to watch Finding Nemo with her. I went over there with a pillow and blanket and crashed on her couch. I took a nap today, too. I haven't really been sleeping all that well. After lunch, Liz came over to watch Finding Nemo with me. I fell asleep on the couch. That's two naps in less than a week.

Why? There are three possible causes. A) Finding Nemo is like unto NyQuil. B) I'm turning into an even bigger pansy. C) I'm getting old enough that I'm gradually moving towards the "old-man-sleeping-in-the-front-porch-rocking-chair" mode. Oh dear.

No comments: