Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Little Homestar

There's a little bald boy in the next first grade classroom over from ours. His name is "David W." I don't know why his parents shaved his head but they did and the kid has been hiding behind hats ever since. But my favorite thing about this kid is that he sounds exactly like Homestar Runner. I kid you not! He sounds just like him and, since he's only six, many of the things he says are things that Homestar Runner would say too! It kills me! The kid's in my friend Sara's class and she told me about her family presentation. She had invited her brother, Daniel, since he was the only family in Utah that she had because he was attending BYU as well. The kids were so excited to see a "real college student" and when it came time for questions and answers they were all too excited.

David W. was first...
D.W.: What is your favorite key?
Daniel: What kind of key? A musical key?
D.W.: Yes.
Daniel: Well, my name's Daniel so I guess my favorite key is the key of D.
D.W.: (very pleased.) My name is David W. and the key of D is my favorite key as well."

Another little girl was next...
Girl: What is your favorite thing to ride?
Daniel: Write? Or Ride?
Girl: Ride!
Daniel: Uh... a boat I guess.
Girl: Woah! That is really cool!

The class oohed and ahed at the intellect, maturity and dashing good looks of this real college student. But nobody more than David W. "Woah, Danwiel. Dat is weawy coo!"

No comments: